Fitting a classic mountain getaway on a former ore mining site in the mountains of Park City was the first challenge. Making it a captivating year-round destination was the second.
The Design Solution
The modern craftsman-style resort is a coveted ski destination offering equal parts amenity-rich sophistication and all the adventure expected of Americas’ No. 1 ski resort. The building features pitched roofs that offer shade in the summer sun and mirror the snow-capped mountains of the winter, and features pools spas and a shuttle transportation to connect guests with breathtaking mountain activities all year.
Located less than five minutes away from Park City’s historic Main Street, this 950,000-square-foot, 178-key resort offers warm and inviting estate-quality rooms and suites, each with mountain views. In addition to spas and pools, guests also enjoy access to the resort’s diverse amenities, including a bowling alley, farm-to-table dining, a terrace cocktail bar, and 55,000 square feet of meeting and banquet space.
HKS designers, working along with interior designers Wilson & Associates, gave all accommodations a gas fireplace, private balcony or patio, estate-quality furnishings and five-fixture stone bathrooms with separate glass wall showers.
The Design Impact
The completion of Montage Deer Valley represents the culmination of nearly a decade of cleanup of the contaminated former mining property. In partnership with the EPA, the site has been established as a conservation easement of over 2,800 acres. Montage Deer Valley continues to support of a sustainable future for the site through energy-efficient and renewable energy design elements which led it to become the first resort to achieve LEED Silver status in Utah.
- 950,000 square feet
- 178 guestrooms
- 94 condominium residences
- Ski and bike concierge
- 35,000 square-foot spa with 29 treatment rooms
- Family recreation center with billiards, bowling and vintage arcade games
- 55,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting/event facilities
- Luxury dining
- LEED Silver certified
- 2008-2013, SKI Magazine, America’s No. 1 ski resort
- 2012, No. 38 Reader's Choice Poll, Condé Nast Traveler magazine’s Top 50 Ski Resorts in North America
- 2012, Andrew Harper's Hideaway Report, Grand Award Winner, Best Spa
- 2012 Robb Report, Top 100 Resorts
- 2011 ENR Mountain States, Best Multifamily Residential/Hospitality Project